Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

Reimbursing the County for Financial Assistance

Many people need financial assistance while waiting for their disability benefits. You can click here for a list of resources that may help you while waiting for your money to come in.

However, be aware that if you receive assistance from the county to pay for rent, food, or medical assistance, you may be required to pay back some or all of the money if your benefits are approved. That means that you will not get the large lump sum payment that you might be expecting. Before agreeing to any assistance, make sure to ask if you will be required to reimburse the county or organization and carefully read all of the paperwork before you sign it, or you may end up with a not so pleasant surprise.

Copyright (c) 2010 by John V. Tucker and Tucker & Ludin, P.A. All rights reserved. For assistance with your Long Term Disability claim, ERISA Disability benefit claim, Social Security Disability claim, or Veterans Disability compensation or pension claim, call Disability Lawyer John Tucker at (866) 282-5260.

No comments:

Legal Guides From John Tucker on Selected Disability Topics