Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

How do I apply for Veteran's Disability benefits with the V.A.?

The Department of Veteran's Affairs (VA) uses an online application process to apply for VA Compensation (Disability Benefits). You can find that application on the VA website at

You are not allowed to hire an attorney at the initial application phase. However, you can use one of the many veterans service organizations to assist you, and we recommend that you contact one of them. There is a list of these organizations on the VA website at

If you are denied VA compensation benefits, you can hire an attorney to file a Notice of Disagreement and handle your appeal. You should contact an attorney for an opinion about your rights to appeal and your likelihood of success.

Copyright (c) 2010 by John V. Tucker and Tucker & Ludin, P.A. All rights reserved. For assistance with your Long Term Disability claim, ERISA Disability benefit claim, Social Security Disability claim, or Veterans Disability compensation or pension claim, call Disability Lawyer John Tucker at (866) 282-5260.

No comments:

Legal Guides From John Tucker on Selected Disability Topics