- Online: At the Social Security Administration's website (http://ssa.gov/applyfordisability/). By submitting an online application, you can complete both Social Security's Application and Social Security's Adult Disability and Work History Report online.
- By Phone: Call Social Security at their toll-free phone number 1-800-772-1213, and they will schedule an appointment to call you back.
- In-Person: You can also go into your local Social Security office and tell them you want to apply for Social Security Disability or SSI benefits. To find the closest Social Security office to your home, use Social Security's zip code office locater on their website.
- The name, address, phone number, and dates of treatment for any doctors or hospitals that have treated your for your condition
- The name, prescribing doctor, and side effects of any prescription medication
- Your work history for the past 15 years, including the dates of employment and the type of work that you did.
If you do not provide Social Security with this information, your case may be decided with less than a full set of facts. This may result in an unfavorable determination simply because Social Security could not get the information they needed to make a decision.REMEMBER: BEFORE APPLYING, MAKE SURE TO HAVE A COMPLETE LIST OF YOUR MEDICAL TREATMENT, MEDICATION, AND WORK HISTORY AVAILABLE
Copyright (c) 2008 by John V. Tucker and Tucker & Ludin, P.A. All rights reserved. Any content borrowed or referenced from another source is referenced by citation to the original source as noted in the text above.